Are you looking for one of the best staycation locations in the UK?
If you didn’t know already, a staycation is a holiday spent in a person’s home country rather than traveling abroad. This could be anything from a two-week break or a weekend trip getaway.
The popularity of staycations with the British public is continuing to grow and this year will see the UK domestic tourism boom continue. Hospitality and leisure businesses are evolving fast to cater for rising expectations and the needs of different holiday groups.
- Three in 10 domestic holidaymakers (31%) plan to spend more holiday time in this country in 2019 than they did in previous years.
- More than half of 25-to-34-year-olds surveyed (52%) plan to increase their UK-based holiday time.
- After convenience, the main reason people stay is their positive recent experiences of domestic holidays and they want to repeat this.
- Most hospitality and leisure businesses in every region of the UK have seen rising demand from domestic tourists.
- Perennial favourites such as the Lake District, Scotland and Cornwall remain most popular, but operators in the North East and the Midlands are seeing a big rise in demand.
- Holidaymakers are also booking their breaks earlier, a trend noted by 39% of businesses. *
The South West is one of the most popular locations and we at Kerdene with our St Merryn Holiday Park are lucky to be on the North Cornwall coastline. Situated near to Padstow and the world famous ‘Seven Bays for Seven Days‘. Visitors have the best dramatic beach locations and access to attractions such as the Eden Project, The Gardens of Heligan and numerous eating out options to meet everyone’s budgets and tastes.
St Merryn Holiday Park is the perfect base from which to explore Cornwall and is the perfect location to purchase your own holiday lodge which will allow you to take a ‘staycation’ whenever you feel like doing so.
Offering value for money our holiday park is also open all year round, so you can stay in your holiday home as often as you like and at a moment’s notice. At Kerdene we understand that your property needs to feel like home. That’s why we offer a no obligation ‘try before you buy’ free overnight stay in one of our park lodges. Whether you want a holiday home or lodge to move into straight away, something created completely for you, or a pre-owned property that could offer you an established rental income, then Kerdene and St Merryn Holiday Park will have something for you. Come take a look around St Merryn Park, explore Cornwall and see if we have what you’re looking for. Just tell us when you would like to visit.
*Stats source Barclays staycation report 2019.